What’s Prohibited Across All Mavens?
- Engaging in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, discriminatory or stalking conduct
- Posting anything that contains viruses, corrupted data, or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content
- Impersonating or posting on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity
- Asking for or revealing confidential information
- Using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our platform
- Sending, distributing or posting spam, unsolicited or bulk solicitations or advertisements, including via chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Posting anything that contains or depicts nudity, sexual activity or violence or is otherwise unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent
- Posting anything that constitutes, encourages or provides instructions for a criminal offense, violates the rights of any party or otherwise creates liability or violates any local, state, national or international law
- Contains any unsolicited promotions (such as “spam”), political campaigning, advertising or solicitations
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent. No stealing of trademarks
- Anything that contains advertisements or promotions, including to solicit interest in a contest, sweepstake or other promotion
- You may not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party
What Are Grey Areas for You to Decide?
- When language is crude or uses curse words (but doesn’t contain harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, discriminatory or stalking conduct)
- Descriptive language. Sometimes to describe something, or a person’s point of view, accurately, you have to use language that someone might get annoyed by… Still, that doesn’t make it hateful or predatory in anyway.
Note: Having a harmless philosophical disagreement is not grounds for banning.