- Make sure your thumbnail image is engaging (try to make the title of the video visible).
- Pay attention to the title and description of your video.
- Ensure the rest of your page is relevant to the video and optimized for SEO.
- Make videos easy to digest, most videos (optimized for mobile). In the autoplay universe, it’s likely to mean getting 2 videos per page view. But, If you need longer to tell your story, then you should take your time… especially on videos embedded deeper in the text of the article.
- Make sure that any video embedded, whether at the top or in article, is natively hosted in the CMS because that is the only way it is eligible for advertising revenue.
- Clips less than 61s will not be monetizable. Sweet spot for videos in autoplay: 75s—90s.
- Use consistent formatting and fonts to match your brand.
- When it makes sense to, make the video the focus of the page.
- Build calls to action—prompt readers to repost your video (if it’s shared on SM), pointing to different resources, try including a call to action at the end of the video directing viewers to a landing page.
- Check the Time on Page for pages with vs. pages without videos to see the difference.
- Analyze your performance, and plan future content.
For More Info:
Watch the Video Optimization Webinar.